Position: Financial Officer
Agency: Southern First Nations Network of Care
Classification: All remuneration is commensurate with the provincial pay scales
Conditions: Permanent Full-Time
Location: 200-200 Alpine Way, Swan Lake First Nation (Headingley) MB
Closing Date: Friday, January 19, 2017
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Financial Officer (FO) is responsible for overseeing and providing support to the mandated agencies and ANCR of the Southern Network in the areas of financial accountability and reporting issues. The FO acts for the CFO when the CFO is on leave.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and/or actively enrolled or completion of a professional accounting designation (i.e. Chartered Professional Accountant or Certified Aboriginal Financial Manager) with a working knowledge of accounting systems, well developed financial analysis capabilities, and demonstrated computer literacy; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of four years of experience gained through increasingly responsible financial positions. Experience in accounting, auditing and child and family services would be an asset.
- Must have demonstrated understanding and appreciation of Indigenous culture and traditions. Ability to speak an Indigenous language is considered an asset.
- The ability to work as part of a team and to provide financial accountability and support to Southern Network Agencies;
- Knowledge and understanding of the Child and Family Services Act, regulations, and standards;
- Knowledge and understanding of child maintenance and financial processes related to same;
- Knowledge of First Nation Child and Family Services financial systems;
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to provide appropriate financial recommendations;
- Ability to develop and recommend changes to financial policies;
- Demonstrated communication skills when dealing with Southern Network Agencies, government officials and the Board of Directors;
- This position will potentially be designated as a succession planning opportunity for the position of Chief Financial Officer.
Conditions of Employment
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle as travel is required for this position.
- A clear criminal record check (with Vulnerable Sector Query), child abuse registry check and a prior contact check are mandatory and must be submitted with your application..
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT BY EMAIL OR FAX
Forward your resume and cover letter to:
Fax: (204) 783-7996