Position: Child in Care Specialist
Agency: Southern First Nations Network of Care
Classification: All remuneration is commensurate with the provincial pay scales
Conditions: 6 month term
Department: Service Support
Location: 200-200 Alpine Way, Swan Lake First Nation (Headingley) MB
Closing Date: Friday, December 22, 2017
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Child in Care Specialist provides consultation and expert advice to all concerns/complaints regarding child welfare matters, which include, but are not inclusive to, children in care and service related matters, which include on and off reserve First Nations child welfare agencies, under the Southern Network;
- Reviews and approves Extensions of Care;
- Reviews and approves special rates, where applicable;
- Provides support and advocates for and on behalf of agencies who are case planning for children in care;
- Provides assistance and coverage for other positions within the organization;
- Facilitates and attends meetings as required;
- Job duties may be amended based on planned review;.
- The successful candidate must possess a Bachelor of Social Work
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in front-line child protection; or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- Knowledge of substance abuse, family violence, child development, and child abuse/neglect and community resources is required
- Demonstrated skills in areas of crisis intervention, abuse investigation and assessing high risk situations which may require immediate response is a requirement
- Excellent organizational, computer, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Establish priorities and work effectively in a high volume and time sensitive environment
- Must have demonstrated understanding and appreciation of Indigenous culture and traditions
- Ability to speak an Indigenous language is considered an asset
Conditions of Employment
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle as travel is required for this position.
- A clear criminal record check (with Vulnerable Sector Query), child abuse registry check and a prior contact check are mandatory and must be submitted with your application..
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT BY EMAIL OR FAX
Forward your resume and cover letter to:
Fax: (204) 783-7996