Conditions: 2-Year Term
Location: Headingley, MB
Closing Date: July 12, 2019
The Restoring the Sacred Bond is a two-year Initiative, financed through a Social Impact Bond (SIB), which will pair Indigenous mothers with a birth helper to provide stronger, culturally-appropriate support. SIBs encourage partnerships between the government, the private sector and community groups to achieve positive outcomes. With funding secured from Investors, the RSB SIB expects to begin accepting expectant mothers in September 2019.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Project Manager (PM) is directly responsible for the project management of the scope, timelines and budget for the Restoring the Sacred Bond Social Impact Bond (RSB SIB) and holds accountability for the RSB SIB performance reporting to the Project Board which provides overall direction and oversight. The position is for a two-year term.
- Work with the Leadership Team (the Southern First Nations Network of Care and Wiijii’idiwag Ikwewag), Project Integrator, program delivery personnel (Coordinators, Birth Helpers) and external and third-party partners (Lawyers, Software Vendor, SIB Consultant, Communications Consultant, External Auditor, Evaluator and Agencies) to develop and implement a Project Plan, Stakeholder Communication Plan, policies procedures, tools and Wise Practices Methodology Framework required to support the RSB SIB.
- Work closely with Leadership Team and Project Integrator to establish resource estimating, evaluation methodologies and performance metrics to ensure consistent and effective delivery of programs and services.
- Prepare materials to meet reporting requirements and providing status reports to the Leadership Team, the Project Board and Investors.
- Execute and manage Project Plan, including scope, resources, schedules, budget, communication, risk and issue plans.
- Regular monitoring of and strategizing to achieve the performance target, always looking at innovative ways to achieve that target.
- Post-secondary education in Project Management such as certification courses or degrees combined with a project management professional designation such as the Project Management Professional and/or a practical progressive work related experience.
- A minimum of ten years of experience gained through increasingly responsible project management positions.
- Demonstrated expertise in project management software use (tracking, measurement, and metrics).
- Demonstrated expertise in managing cross functional, multi-stakeholder governance (government, business, boards, clinical, and clients).
- Demonstrated expertise in delivering metrics, stewardship and financial reports on time and the ability to communicate with project sponsors, committees and boards and implement their recommendations in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of process mapping and work flow efficiency mapping.
- Ability to successfully lead projects through all phases.
- Experience working with Indigenous and First Nation communities and Indigenous cultures and values.
- Strong written communication skills with experience in preparing technical and executive reports and correspondence.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills demonstrating judgement when dealing with culturally sensitive and political issues.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate information effectively to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong negotiating and public relation skills to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Financial management experience as it relates to budget reports, cash flow documents, expenditure analysis and implementing corrective action.
- Experience managing and leading a diverse group of staff teams.
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications. A satisfactory criminal record check (with Vulnerable Sector Query), child abuse registry check and a prior contact check is mandatory and must be submitted with your application. Must have a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle as travel is required for this position.