Position: Intake & Investigations After Hours Worker
Agency: Dakota Ojibway Child & Family Services
Location: Office TBD
Closing Date: March 12, 2019 @ 4:30 pm
Salary commensurate with education and experience. All applicants must submit with their application a current Criminal Record Check (with Vulnerable Section Query), Prior Check, and Child Abuse Registry Check. Interested parties should apply in writing including three written references to:
- Dakota Ojibway Child & Family Services requires an INTAKE AND INVESTIGATIONS AFTER HOURS WORKER on a 2 year term. Reporting to the After Hours Coordinator, the Intake and Investigations After Hours Worker is responsible for completing investigations and assessing the need for protection of children after hours and weekends within the region served by DOCFS in accordance with The Manitoba Child and Family Services Act.
- BSW degree with two years in child welfare experience, an equivalent of combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of the Manitoba Child & Family Services Act and applicable legislation, regulations and standards.
- Willing to work afterhours, weekends, and holidays on an “on call” basis.
- Demonstrated ability in conflict resolution, crisis intervention, and mediation.
- Experience in assessment and investigation techniques.
- Ability to apply an Indigenous approach in working with children and families.
- Ability to work independently and with external safety stakeholders.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Applications, including Access, database systems and internet.
- Possess a valid drivers license, access to a vehicle and willingness to travel.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or understanding of Indigenous perspectives, First Nations culture and traditional philosophies.
- Ability to speak/understand Dakota or Ojibway is a definite asset.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT BY EMAIL OR FAX
Interested parties should apply in writing and include 3 references to:
Fax: (204) 834-2306