Position: Maintenance Worker
Agency: Southeast Child & Family Services
Competition No.: 2019-18
Classification: $15.00 per hour
Conditions: Part - time
Department: Brokenhead HQ
Location: Brokenhead First Nations Community Office
Closing Date: March 15, 2019 - or until filled
Southeast Child & Family Services (SECFS) provides a full range of services under the CFS Act, CFS Authorities Act and the Adoptions Act, with the primary responsibility to
provide culturally appropriate services to both on and off reserve families and children who have a legal and cultural-affiliation with the First Nation communities served by SECFS.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Building Maintenance which includes:
- Regular inspection and condition reports of all onsite buildings.
- Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on a timely basis. This requires regular inspections and tours of property and equipment.
- Ability to operate and assist in the maintenance or work of the following:
- Yard cleaning;
- Grass cutting;
- Snow removal/shovelling sidewalks;
- Tipis (set up and dismantle);
- Organize storage container.
- Ensure all service requests are recorded and completed.
- Participate in the construction on of units – painting, dry wall, repairs.
- Completion of Grade 10.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Be able to work evenings and weekends;
- Fluent in the Ojibwe language preferred;
- Attendance is an imperative job function;
- A valid driver’s license required;
- Must have a clear Child Abuse, Prior Contact and Criminal Record Check.
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT BY EMAIL OR FAX
Fax: (204) 947-0009
Or in person to Frank Abraham at the Brokenhead CFS Office