Position: Child & Family Services Worker
Agency: Anishinaabe Child & Family Services
Conditions: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Lake Manitoba Sub-Office
Closing Date: 12 noon, Tuesday, January 23, 2018
The Anishinaabe Child & Family Service Agency (ACFS) delivers mandated services and programs in a manner which will maintain and strengthen the individual, the family and the First Nations community with the context of aboriginal values and customs. The goal of our work is to protect our children, promote family wellness, and strengthen our community.
Anishinaabe Child & Family Services is seeking (2) Child & Family Services Workers on a full-time permanent basis to work out of the Lake Manitoba sub-office.
Under the direction and supervision of the Unit Supervisor, the Child and Family Services Worker manages a case load of children in care and/or Family Service files. The worker is responsible for case planning, monitoring referrals and ongoing assessment and evaluation. The CFS Worker will offers assistance to children and families through basic counselling, advocacy and support as required.
- Manage a case load of children in care and/or Family Service files
- Case planning, monitoring referrals and ongoing assessment and evaluation
- Offers assistance to children and families through basic counselling, advocacy and support as required
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum Grade 12 with a willingness to train.
- A positive role model in the community.
- Related work experience will be an asset.
- Good assessment skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Provincial Legislation and Program Standards which the Agency can
provide training on.
- Willingness to work within a team setting and networking with other organizations.
- Ability to speak an aboriginal language will be considered an asset.
- Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Must pass Child Abuse Registry and Police Records Check.