Agency: Anishinaabe Child & Family Services
Location: Lake Manitoba Sub-Office
Closing Date: 12 noon, Thursday, October 12, 2107
The Anishinaabe Child & Family Service Agency (ACFS) delivers mandated services and programs in a manner which will maintain and strengthen the individual, the family and the First Nations community with the context of aboriginal values and customs. The goal of our work is to protect our children, promote family wellness, and strengthen our community.
Anishinaabe Child & Family Services is seeking one (1) Supervisor on a permanent full-time basis to work out of the Little Saskatchewan/Dauphin River sub-offices.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Program Manager the Supervisor will bepart of the Management Team.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor of Social Work degree or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- A minimum of five years' experience in child welfare.
- A minimum of one year supervisory experience.
- Must possess excellent leadership skills.
- Must have a good understanding of First Nations traditions and culture.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff with caseloads requiring experience in Intake, Child Protection, Family Enhancement and Family Service delivery.
- Excellent assessment skills, children's behavior management skills and knowledge of separation and attachment issues.
- Excellent communication, organizational, problem-solving and evaluation skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Child & Family Services Act andRegulations, SOM processes and CFSIS.
- Must be available to work after hours and weekends upon request.
- The incumbent must be highly organized and able to work under pressure.
- Applications will be subject to criminal record/abuse.