Position: Human Resources Manager
Agency: Southern Chiefs' Organization & Southern First Nations Network of Care
Closing Date: 4:30 PM CST April 29, 2021
The Southern Chiefs’ Organization (SCO) requires a Human Resources Manager to support Southern Chiefs’ Organization and the Southern First Nations Network of Care (SFNNC)
Reporting to the Chief Operating Office, the Human Resources Manager will be responsible for designing and implementing processes for the human resources team and oversees employee management relations and human resources functions and work collaboratively Executive Management.
- Recruitment and retention, and management of the entire recruitment cycle, including reference checks for employee files.
- Human Resource policies and processes, performance management and employee relations management and provide guidance to employees and management.
- Human Resource compliance and risk management, organizational design.
- Pension and benefits administration.
- Workplace Safety and Health Committee leadership.
- Monthly and annual reports
- Completion of post-secondary education in Human Resource Management and/or certified Canadian Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation.
- Minimum five years of experience in Human Resources administration including developing human resource functions and processes and managing staff.
- Knowledge of Employment Standards, Labour Relations, Workplace Safety and Health, Human Rights Legislation including Child and Family Services Sector.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with First Nation communities and fluency in the Anishinaabe or Dakota language is an asset.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record check
- Child Abused and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Clear Vulnerable Persons Registry check
- Must have a valid Manitoba Driver’s License and access to a vehicle as travel will be required
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected will be contacted for further consideration.
Preference will be given to qualified First Nation candidates.
How To Apply
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS: 4:30 PM CST April 29, 2021
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please submit cover letter, resume and three work related references to:
Southern Chiefs’ Organization
1572 Dublin Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0L4
*Please note resumes without a cover letter will not be considered complete