Conditions: 1 year term
Location: Headingley, MB
Closing Date: December 27, 2019
The Southern First Nations Network of Care (Southern Network) is recruiting for an Executive Assistant. Reporting to the CEO of the Southern Network, the incumbent provides a high level of direct administrative support and office management to the CEO; with the ability to anticipate needs, think critically and offer solutions to situations as they may arise. The incumbent also works closely with, and provides administrative support to the Board of Directors, often serving as the liaison between the CEO and Board members. This is a (9) month term position.
- Responsible for maintaining a complex calendar/schedule of CEO, ensuring that meetings, appointments, presentations and other functions are carried out seamlessly.
- Responsible for drafting and/or preparing sensitive correspondence, memos, letters, reports, briefing notes and minutes as requested.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining both a hardcopy and electronic filing system.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating Network Operational Plans, Network and Agency Strategic Service Plans, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Responsible for tracking ongoing projects.
- Assists in planning internal Network functions, activities and events.
- Provides administrative support to the Board, including maintaining and recording minutes /motions.
- Ensures a high level of integrity is maintained by practicing discretion and confidentiality with regards to highly sensitive materials.
- Coordinates and sets up meetings for CEO, Senior Management, Board of Directors, Agency Relations, Standing Committee & CEO Table and other meetings as requested by the CEO.
- Responsible for disseminating pertinent information to appropriate individuals prior to and following meetings, ensuring any follow-up is completed.
- Prepares materials including agendas and other documents for meetings and presentations.
- Records and maintains minutes / motions of meetings as required.
- Makes travel arrangements for CEO and Board as required.
- Makes lunch arrangements as required.
- Screening and Responding to emails, phone calls and mail
- Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls and emails.
- Assists with questions and problems courteously and promptly.
- Receives incoming mail, reviews, evaluates and distributes correspondence requiring priority attention.
- Obtains and conveys information as needed.
- Tracks and ensures CEO expense reports are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Prepares and processes honorarium requisitions and expense reports for Board.
- Completes purchase orders where necessary.
- Provides administrative support to the Board.
- Coordinates meetings, including contacting and confirming attendees ensuring quorum is met.
- Attends and records minutes and motions at all Board meetings.
- Maintains a Minute/Motion Book of all Board meetings.
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your cover letter will explain your level of typing speed and experience with the Aboriginal community. Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.