Agency: Intertribal Child & Family Services
Conditions: Full Time
Location: Main Office – Koostatak, MB
Closing Date: Open until filled
Intertribal Child & Family Services is seeking one full-time permanent Family Service Worker to work out of the Fisher River Main Office.
- Master of Social Work preferred
- Must have a Bachelor of Social Work degree with three years’ experience in supervisory capacity
- Must have working knowledge of the Child & Family Services Act, the Authorities Act, the Adoption Act, and related Regulations and Standards
- Must know current changes to the Child and Family Services system
- Must have excellent management, verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Must be proficient in CFSIS (Child & Family Services Information System)
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle as travel is required and must continue to possess as condition of employment
Specific Job Duties:
- Ensure the FSW (Family Service Worker), has a case plan including goals of service, time frames and review date is documented and on file for all new and existing cases.
- Provide guidance and direction on all cases, complete case management forms and place in case management binder.
- Ensure special rate assessments and requests from FSWs are completed appropriately and submitted on a timely basis to the Special Rate Committee.
- Assist FSWs with resolving program and/or family conflict. Ensure the FSW has developed a suitable plan with the family that has addressed the conflicts/issues.
- Attend case conference meetings and court proceedings with FSWs and other agency staff as required and/or requested.
- Ensure FSWs adhere to Provincial standard of monthly CIC face to face contacts and required forms are completed and entered on CFSIS in a timely basis.
- Ensure quarterly (90) day reviews are completed and placed on files.
- Maintain and update monthly case lists, CFSIS and hard copies as required.
- Oversee the day to day operation of the protection and prevention unit including the supervision and discipline of all FSWs that may be assigned within the team.
- Review and recommend approval for family support plans, voluntary placement agreements, homemakers and daycare arrangements within two weeks of receiving documentation.
- Review, approve and/or deny request for leave, travel claims, time sheets for FSWs
- Ensure all services provided are in compliance with Provincial standards, regulations and the Child and Family Services Act of Manitoba for Fisher River and Kinonjeoshtegon
- Travelling may be required to complete job duties
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Complete application consists of a cover letter, resume, three (3) references from the most current supervisors, current criminal record check, Child Abuse Registry check, and Prior contact check.