Position: 2 ABINOOJIIYEG NAA DA MAA GEWIN WORKERS
Agency: West Region CFS
Position Type: Full-Time
Locations: Rolling River Head Office, Dauphin Sub Office
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and training and according to Provincial pay scale.
Application Deadline: October 3, 2019
WRCFS is a mandated First Nations Child and Family Services Agency responsible to provide a full range of services, including statutory services, voluntary services and prevention services to the children and families of its nine First Nations, residing on and off reserve. The purpose of the programs of WRCFS is to sustain, support, and enhance family and community life. The agency’s mission is to work with our First Nations people to protect Aboriginal children, in keeping with our core values.
- Reporting to the Abinoojiiyeg Naa Da Maa Gewin Supervisor as a member of the agency’s abuse team, the worker shares responsibility for:
- The investigation of all child abuse referrals/allegations received by the agency
- Intakes and referrals
- Working with the agency’s Child Abuse Committee
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with the various parties involved ina multidisciplinary approach
- The development and implementation of prevention and educational programs in the communities served by WRCFS
- BSW with at least 2 years related experience preferably in First Nations Child and FamilyServices. An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered
- Must have a commitment to First Nations Child & Family Services, community based planning, and service delivery.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for Ojibway culture and aspirations are essential.
- The ability to speak Ojibway will be considered a definite asset.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and within a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Must have computer training and/or knowledge of Microsoft Office
How To Apply
All applicants must be willing to submit a Criminal Record check that includes a Vulnerable Sector
Search, Child Abuse Registry check, Prior Contact check and Driver’s Abstract prior to
employment. Travel is required. A valid driver's license and access to means of reliable
transportation for work is a condition of employment.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER BY FAX
ATTN: Murray McKay
Fax: (204) 636-6158