Position: Accounts Payable Clerk - Maintenance
Agency: West Region CFS
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Rolling River First Nation
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and training and according to Provincial pay scale.
Application Deadline: July 29, 2019
WRCFS is a mandated First Nations Child and Family Services Agency responsible to provide a full range of services, including statutory services, voluntary services and prevention services to the children and families of its nine First Nations, residing on and off reserve. The purpose of the programs of WRCFS is to sustain, support, and enhance family and community life. The agency’s mission is to work with our First Nations people to protect Aboriginal children, in keeping with our core values.
- Verifying, coding, processing accounts payable business vendor invoices for child in care maintenance expenses
- Maintaining and reconciling subsidiary accounts receivable ledgers and ensuring payments are collected
- Maintaining filing system
- Performing housekeeping duties in Accpac Accounts Payable Module
- Assisting the finance department in other duties and provides backup/coverage as required.
- Minimum of a two year accounting course through a recognized institution and/or two years accounting related experience.
- Training and/or knowledge and practical experience in the application of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Understanding and belief in good principles of management and accounting practice
- Knowledge and experience in computerized accounting (Accpac)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft computer programs including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Integrity and direct open manner in dealing with major issues
- Good administration and organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Knowledge of and appreciation for Ojibway culture and aspirations is essential.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Must be bondable
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER BY FAX
ATTN: Rena Ironstand
Fax: (204) 636-6158