Position: Child & Family Services Worker
Agency: Anishinaabe Child & Family Services
Conditions: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Lake Manitoba Sub-Office
Closing Date: July 24, 2019 @ 12:00 Noon
The Anishinaabe Child & Family Service Agency (ACFS) delivers mandated services and programs in a manner which will maintain and strengthen the individual, the family and the First Nations community with the context of aboriginal values and customs. The goal of our work is to protect our children, promote family wellness, and strengthen our community.
Anishinaabe Child & Family Services is seeking one (1) Child & Family Services Worker on a full-time permanent basis to work out of the Lake Manitoba sub-office.
Under the direction and supervision of the Unit Supervisor, the Child and Family Services Worker (CFS) will manage a case load of children in care and/or Family Service files. The Child & Family Services worker is responsible for case planning, monitoring, referrals and ongoing assessment and evaluation. The CFS Worker will also provide assistance to children and families through basic counseling, advocacy and support as require.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum Grade 12 with a willingness to train.
- A positive role model in the community.
- Related work experience will be an asset.
- Good assessment skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Knowledge of Provincial Legislation and Program Standards which the Agency can provide training on.
- Willingness to work within a team setting and networking with other organizations.
- Ability to speak an aboriginal language will be considered an asset.
- Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Must pass Child Abuse Registry and Police Records Check.