Position: Urban Services CFS Worker
Agency: West Region CFS
Position Type: Full time
Location: 255 Sherbrook Street, Winnipeg, MB
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and training and according to Provincial pay scale.
Application Deadline: Friday, May 31, 2019
WRCFS is a mandated First Nations Child and Family Services Agency responsible to provide a full range of services, including statutory services, voluntary services and prevention services to the children and families of its nine First Nations, residing on and off reserve. The purpose of the programs of WRCFS is to sustain, support, and enhance family and community life. The agency’s mission is to work with our First Nations people to protect Aboriginal children, in keeping with our core values.
- Reporting to the Urban Services CFS Supervisor, the worker will be responsible to work as part of a team in delivering a full range of child and family services with emphasis on prevention and resource services as a frontline approach.
- Duties will include; the provision of a full range of statutory child welfare services that involves child protection; court work; case management; intake; on-call; advocacy; special needs, age of majority and the application of the Structured Decision Making Assessment tools when working with families.
- BSW degree with two (2) years of child welfare experience, preferably in First Nations child and family services. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered
- Must have working knowledge of the CFS Act and a commitment to First Nations child and family services, community based planning and service delivery
- Knowledge of and appreciation for Ojibway culture and aspirations are essential
- The ability to speak Ojibway will be considered a definite asset
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Must have demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and within a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must be able to respond to completing deadlines in a fast paced work environment
- Must have computer training and/or knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Have familiarity with the Structured Decision Making Assessment tools, Intake & CFSIS
Conditions of Employment
- The successful applicant must provide WRCFS with a current Criminal Record Check that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry check, Prior Contact check and Driver’s Abstract prior to commencement of employment
- Travel is required
- A valid driver’s license and access to means of reliable transportation for work is a condition of employment
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER BY FAX
ATTN: Verna McIvor
Fax: (204) 985-4079