Position: Paralegal/Admin Support
Agency: Anishinaabe Child & Family Services
Conditions: Full time permanent
Location: Winnipeg Outreach Office
Closing Date: May 21, 2019 @ 12:00 pm
The Anishinaabe Child & Family Service Agency (ACFS) delivers mandated services and programs in a manner which will maintain and strengthen the individual, the family and the First Nations community with the context of aboriginal values and customs. The goal of our work is to protect our children, promote family wellness, and strengthen our community.
Anishinaabe Child & Family Services is seeking an individual to fill a full-time permanent position as the Paralegal/Admin. Support for the Outreach office at Unit 56-1313 Border Street, Winnipeg, Mb. The Paralegal/Admin Support, aspect, entails that you would be responsible to provide Admin support to the Outreach Staff and attend to the agency child protection court docket at the Court of Queen’s Bench and the Provincial Court.
- Ensures all respondents are properly served with all necessary documents prior to court hearing.
- Acts as a liaison between Agency staff and Agency’s legal counsel.
- Attends all Agency Child Protection court hearings and pre-trial conferences as required.
- Utilizes CFSIS and enters all legal information on the system.
- Maintains legal files in a professional manner.
- Applies and obtains legal documents (i.e., birth, death, marriage certificates which are required for court purposes).
- Provides Admin Support to Outreach Staff.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Office Administrative Certificate and/or two (2) year experience in Office environment.
- Experience performing administrative/ clerical duties in a court or a related legal environment.
- Experience working with legal documents, process and meeting deadlines.
- Willingness to attend professional training.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language and tradition.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and access to own reliable vehicle.
- Applicant will be subject to criminal record, child abuse registry and Agency prior contact check.