Position: Family Support Worker
Agency: Dakota Ojibway Child & Family Services
Location: Forest Hills Administration Office
Closing Date: May 24, 2019 @ 4:30 pm
Salary commensurate with education and experience. All applicants must submit with their application a current Criminal Record Check (with Vulnerable Section Query), Prior Check, and Child Abuse Registry Check. Interested parties should apply in writing including three written references to:
- The family support worker will provide assistance / support to families in need through training in home-making and child care, and monitoring family progress.
- Transportation to visits, supervises visits, participates in recreational/cultural activities for the children in care.
- The family support worker is responsible to the Supervisor.
- The position is responsible for providing clerical support to the Finance Department.
Conditions of Employment
- Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge and/or experience in Child and Family Services
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Must have computer skills, with the ability to provide reports
- Valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and willing to travel
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent work record/history
- Demonstrated knowledge and respect for the Ojibway culture and traditional philosophy
- Ability to speak Ojibway a definite asset
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT BY EMAIL OR FAX
Interested parties should apply in writing including three written references to:
Fax: (204) 834-2306