Position: Child & Family Services Worker
Agency: West Region CFS
Position Type: Term
Location: Parkland - Dauphin Office
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and training and according to Provincial pay scale.
Application Deadline: May 27, 2019
WRCFS is a mandated First Nations Child and Family Services Agency responsible to provide a full range of services, including statutory services, voluntary services and prevention services to the children and families of its nine First Nations, residing on and off reserve. The purpose of the programs of WRCFS is to sustain, support, and enhance family and community life. The agency’s mission is to work with our First Nations people to protect Aboriginal children, in keeping with our core values.
- Ensure a working knowledge of CFS legislation, regulations, standards and WRCFS policy and procedures
- To operate within the mandate, understanding the role of a mandated worker
- Complete the Structured Decision Making as required
- Provide Intake services using the Intake Module (IM)
- Provide direct service; Placement
- Ensure there is development of relevant community resources of an ongoing nature and networks effectively with the existing resources
- Ensure culturally appropriate services
- Make referrals to appropriate resources based on family assessments
- Complete necessary administrative duties
- Establishment of good working relationships with other community services and resources
- Provision of a full range of statutory child welfare services
- Provision of individual and family counseling
- BSW with at least two years related experience preferably in First Nations Child & Family Services. An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
- Must have a commitment to First Nations Child & Family Services, community based planning & service delivery.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for Ojibway culture and aspirations are essential.
- The ability to speak Ojibway will be considered a definite asset.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and within a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Must have computer training and/or knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Be familiar with the Structured Decision Making assessment tools, Intake & CFSIS is essential.
- The successful applicant must provide WRCFS with a current Criminal Record Check that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry check, Prior Contact check and Driver’s Abstract prior to commencement of employment
- Travel is required
- A valid driver’s license and access to means of reliable transportation for work is a condition of employment
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER BY FAX
ATTN: Annette McKay
Fax: (204) 622-5248