Position: Management Assistant
Agency: Southeast Child & Family Services
Competition No.: 2019-27
Conditions: Full-time, Non-unionized, Permanent
Department: Administration Office
Location: 1410 Mountain Office - Winnipeg, MB
Closing Date: 4:00 pm, March 29, 2019
Southeast Child & Family Services (SECFS) provides a full range of services under the CFS Act, CFS Authorities Act and the Adoptions Act, with the primary responsibility to
provide culturally appropriate services to both on and off reserve families and children who have a legal and cultural-affiliation with the First Nation communities served by SECFS.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serving as a confidential assistant to senior management;
- Composing correspondence, reports, and recommendations;
- Organizing meetings and preparing meeting materials; Arranging appointments, reviewing and sorting incoming mail and generally responding to routine matters;
- Overseeing the maintenance of confidential files and all relevant parties associated with the organization;
- Organizing all travel arrangements for senior management;
- Ordering birth certificates;
- Cases Transfers – internal and external;
- Administrative Assistant monthly meetings and coverage calendar;
- Director and unit admin attendance tracking;
- Timesheet tracking for Mountain reception and file room;
- Legal document requiring signatures; Travel letters;
- Arranging staff ID cards and business cards for staff;
- Accesses CFSIS system as required by the management team;
- Ordering office supplies and service calls for office equipment (copier, computers, phones, etc.)
- Participate in or manage special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor of Social Work or a post-secondary degree in the Social Sciences preferred; Other acceptable combinations of related education and work experience may be considered;
- Minimum of two (2) years of Child Welfare experience in front line case management dealing with children and families;
- Experience conducting investigations including gathering and analyzing information to implement appropriate action;
- Knowledge of The Child and Family Services Act, The Authorities Act and The Adoption Act;
- Thorough knowledge of the governing and delivery of child protection programming in Manitoba;
- Demonstrated awareness of aboriginal child welfare practices; and a working knowledge of First Nations history, colonization;
- Demonstrated skills in the following areas: crisis intervention; child protection investigations; the ability to assess high risk situations to determine appropriate response times as per standards.
- Knowledge of substance abuse, family violence, child abuse/neglect and community resources;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a team environment and independently;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work effectively to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to deal with grief and loss issues;
- Ability to de-escalate conflict and provide resolution;
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Strong written communication skills and ability to pay attention to detail when preparing documents and comprehensive reports;
- Proficient with computer programs such as Microsoft Word; CFSIS experience would be an asset.
Conditions of Employment
- An Administrative diploma from a recognized community college or a degree from a recognized university is required, or equivalent education or work experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience at a senior administrative level, preferably within the social services or child welfare system;
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle is required;
- Required to work flexible hours in response to crisis or agency need with the unrestricted ability to travel as required;
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check, Child Abuse, Adult Abuse Registry checks is a requirement of all SECFS employment positions.A valid driver’s license is required.
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT BY EMAIL OR FAX
Forward your resume (with 3 references) and cover letter stating clearly how you meet the qualifications stated in this job posting. Please cite the competition number and position in the subject line when submitting by email or fax.
Fax: (204) 947-0009