Position: Executive Assistant
Agency: Animikii Ozoson Child & Family Services
Location: Winnipeg Office
Closing Date: March 28, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m.
Animikii Ozoson Child & Family Services is seeking one Executive Assistant at the Winnipeg Office located at 313 Pacific Avenue.
To provide executive-level administrative support for the Executive Director of Animikii Ozoson Child and Family Services and to oversee the day to day operation of the agency. Provision of highly effective, confidential Executive Administrative assistance may be provided periodically to the Finance Director as well as the Director of Human Resources.
- Provide Administrative support to the Executive Director, which includes (but is not limited to) managing calendar, appointments and email, preparing correspondence, creating templates for documents, creating and maintaining paper and electronic files, attending meetings, preparing accurate minutes and notes for distribution and circulation, creating and maintaining variety of tracking database systems
- Maintain utmost confidentiality and sensitivity on behalf of the Executive Director’s Office at all times, both internally and externally
- Make travel arrangements for Executive Director and coordinate special events as necessary (such as Board meetings, AGM etc);
- Provide administrative support for Board of Directors including, but not limited to: maintaining accurate record of Board member information, scheduling meetings as requested, update and distribute Board manual, record, create, prepare and circulate accurate minutes and notes.
- Serve as liaison for the Executive Director internally and externally with agency staff, Board of Directors, the Authority, collaterals;
- Direct liaison between the agency and the IT department. (responsible for computer issues; new employee start up, set up, telephones, etc)
- Oversee day to day operations of the agency, which includes (but is not limited to) inventory control, ordering supplies, coordinating with trades for repairs, etc,
Qualifications / Requirements
- Knowledge of First Nations Child and Family service and colonial history of Indigenous peoples
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act, the Child and Family Services Authorities Act; the Adoption Act as well as an understanding of Child Welfare system and priority issues in Manitoba
- Experience providing administrative support at an executive level including maintaining confidentiality, creating and maintaining document tracking systems, appointment scheduling, and maintaining files and filing systems
- Experience providing overall office management and administrative support
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and work on concurrent assignments and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written communication skills with experience proof-reading, editing and formatting correspondence and reports with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with tact, diplomacy and professionally with the public and staff over the telephone and in person
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in preparing and recording minutes/notes
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and be proactive
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Friendly, personable demeanor and ability to approach all situations with tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality;
- Expert planner, highly organized;
- Able to lead, maintain and foster professional team involvement
- A diploma or certificate in relevant discipline and proven related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Advanced MS Office experience including Excel, Word, Outlook;
- Ability to travel within the city and occasionally within Canada.