Position: Indigenous Family Recruitment & Support Worker
Agency: Dakota Ojibway Child & Family Services
Location: Forest Hills Administrative Office
Closing Date: March 12, 2019 @ 4:30 pm
Salary commensurate with education and experience. All applicants must submit with their application a current Criminal Record Check (with Vulnerable Section Query), Prior Check, and Child Abuse Registry Check. Interested parties should apply in writing including three written references to:
- Dakota Ojibway Child & Family Services requires an INDIGENOUS FAMILY RECRUITMENT AND SUPPORT WORKER. Reporting to the Foster Care Resource Coordinator, The Indigenous Family Recruitment and Support Worker is responsible for the delivery of the Kinship and Family Resource Program by providing regional support to recruit Indigenous kinship/families, ensuring the program demonstrates an awareness and respect for the Dakota and Ojibway cultures and traditional philosophies.
- BSW degree with child welfare experience, an equivalent of combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Experience in supporting children and families, home visits and foster care.
- Knowledge of the Manitoba Child & Family Services Act and applicable legislation, regulations and standards.
- Strong written and oral communications with ability to deliver presentations.
- Knowledge of program marketing with ability to communicate program benefits.
- Ability to apply an Indigenous approach in working with children and families.
- Ability to work independently and with external stakeholders.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Applications, including Access, database systems and internet.
- Possess a valid drivers license, access to a vehicle and willingness to travel.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or understanding of Indigenous perspectives, First Nations culture and traditional philosophies.
- Ability to speak/understand Dakota or Ojibway is a definite asset.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT BY EMAIL OR FAX
Interested parties should apply in writing and include 3 references to:
Fax: (204) 834-2306