Position: Human Resource Specialist
Agency: Dakota Ojibway Child & Family Services
Location: Forest Hills Administrative Office
Closing Date: March 12, 2019 @ 4:30 pm
Salary commensurate with education and experience. All applicants must submit with their application a current Criminal Record Check (with Vulnerable Section Query), Prior Check, and Child Abuse Registry Check. Interested parties should apply in writing including three written references to:
- Dakota Ojibway Child & Family Services requires a HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST on a 2 year term. Reporting to the Human Resource Coordinator, the Human Resource Specialist is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of DOCFS’s Human Resources operations, recruitment, selection, orientation and administrative tasks.
- Post secondary education desired however an equivalent of combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Experience in supporting the Human Resource function, administration, planning and organizing. Ability to support the recruitment and selection process.
- Strong communication skills, high degree of accuracy, and ability to work within timelines. Ability to work independently and within a team. Must be able to support multiple requests from multiple sources.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, take initiative, and follow through on tasks.
- Knowledge of the Manitoba Child & Family Services Act an asset but not mandatory. Must be familiar with Manitoba Labour & Standard Act and a unionized environment.
- Ability to work independently and with external stakeholders.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Applications, including Access, database systems and internet.
- Possess a valid drivers license, access to a vehicle and willingness to travel.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or understanding of Indigenous perspectives, First Nations culture and traditional philosophies.
- Ability to speak/understand Dakota or Ojibway is a definite asset.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT BY EMAIL OR FAX
Interested parties should apply in writing and include 3 references to:
Fax: (204) 834-2306