Position: Prevention Services Coordinator
Agency: Dakota Ojibway Child & Family Services
Location: Forest Hills Administrative Office
Closing Date: March 12, 2019 @ 4:30 pm
Salary commensurate with education and experience. All applicants must submit with their application a current Criminal Record Check (with Vulnerable Section Query), Prior Check, and Child Abuse Registry Check. Interested parties should apply in writing including three written references to:
- Dakota Ojibway Child & Family Services requires a PREVENTION SERVICES COORDINATOR on a two year term. Reporting to the Prevention/Finance Assistant, this position is responsible for providing coordination services to support agency team members regionally with resources and collaterals to protect children and achieve family preservation by navigating systems and resources, researching, administering, and organizing prevention services identified for their clients; children and families of DOCFS.
- Post secondary education desired however an equivalent of combination of training and experience may be considered.
- 2 years experience in supporting program delivery, administration, planning and organizing. Demonstrated ability to research and access community resources and external networks.
- Strong communication skills, high degree of accuracy, and ability to work within timelines. Ability to work independently and within a team. Must be able to support multiple requests from multiple sources.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, take initiative, and follow through on tasks.
- Ability to apply an Indigenous approach in working with children and families.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Applications, including Access, database systems and internet.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or understanding of Indigenous perspectives, First Nations culture and traditional philosophies.
- Ability to speak/understand Dakota or Ojibway is a definite asset.2 years experience in supporting program delivery, administration, planning and organizing.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT BY EMAIL OR FAX
Interested parties should apply in writing and include 3 references to:
Fax: (204) 834-2306