Position: Customary Care Facilitator
Agency: Sagkeeng Child & Family Services
Position Type: Permanent - Full-Time
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Services
Location: Community/Winnipeg Office
Salary Range: SP-5 Provincial Pay Scale
Application Deadline: March 10, 2019
Sagkeeng Child and Family Services (SCFS) is a First Nations CFS Agency who strives to recruit inspired, accountable and driven individuals to join our diverse talented team of professionals. If you are an individual that is looking to be a part of our progressive environment, we want you to be a part of our team!
- Is accountable for the development, engagement and education of the implementation of Customary Care within SCFS and its community.
- Is accountable for ensuring the identified kinship arrangements within SCFS are transitioned to the newly legislated Customary Care model.
- Ensures successful transition of existing cases, in accordance with Provincial and Community Standards.
- Provides oversight of all Customary Care files, ensuring all cases are managed in accordance with the newly legislated Customary Care model..
- BSW degree preferred; or Post-secondary Degree in Social Sciences is acceptable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of direct working experience in the child welfare.
- Must have working knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act, Standards and Regulations.
- Must have working knowledge of Customary Care.
- Experience in case management and planning, with children and families in child welfare.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Valid class five driver’s license and a reliable insured vehicle.
- The ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered an asset.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT BY EMAIL OR FAX
Fax: (204) 949 1669