Position: Community Cultural Liaison
Agency: Sagkeeng Child & Family Services
Position Type: Permanent - Full-Time
Immediate Supervisor: TBD
Location: Community/Winnipeg Office
Salary Range: TBD based on education and experience
Application Deadline: March 10, 2019
Sagkeeng Child and Family Services (SCFS) is a First Nations CFS Agency who strives to recruit inspired, accountable and driven individuals to join our diverse talented team of professionals. If you are an individual that is looking to be a part of our progressive environment, we want you to be a part of our team!
- Is accountable for the development, engagement and education of land based initiatives working alongside community Elder’s and Sagkeeng CFS Prevention Unit
- Is accountable for ensuring children and families have opportunity to Elder services including but not limited to; evening programming, individual counseling and ceremony.
- Sustains and develops a support system that will work directly with children and families utilizing a traditional approach.
- BSW degree preferred; or Post-secondary Degree in Social Sciences is acceptable.
- An understanding of the Child and Family Services Standards and Regulations.
- Experience in coordinating cultural events (i.e. camps, feasts ceremonies, skinning, filleting etc.).
- Traditional experience in hunting, gathering and harvesting (i.e. outdoors person).
- Experience in report writing.
- Experience in problem solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Valid class five driver’s license and a reliable insured vehicle.
- The ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered an asset.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT BY EMAIL OR FAX
Fax: (204) 949 1669