Position: Alternative Care / GAA GII KWENG Admin
Agency: West Region CFS
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Rolling River First Nation
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and training and according to Provincial pay scale.
Application Deadline: February 5, 2019
WRCFS is a mandated First Nations Child and Family Services Agency responsible to provide a full range of services, including statutory services, voluntary services and prevention services to the children and families of its nine First Nations, residing on and off reserve. The purpose of the programs of WRCFS is to sustain, support, and enhance family and community life. The agency’s mission is to work with our First Nations people to protect Aboriginal children, in keeping with our core values.
- Processing all information with respect to foster care application
- Contact with RCMP/Abuse Registry and other agencies regarding care providers’ police, abuse and prior contact checks
- Opening and closing files related to foster care, adoption, and repatriation
- Tracking Statistics for the Alternate Care Department
- Provide support to the Alternate Care & GGK workers as needed
- Knowledge of the CFSIS system or willingness to learn
- Minute taking and photocopying for the Alternate Care Department
- Assisting with coordination of Foster Parent training, workshops, orientation, and foster parent appreciation
- Tracking of Place of Safety resources
- Sending out application packages to all people who request to foster
- Maintaining a filing system
- Minimum Grade XII (preference will be given to post secondary education).
- Knowledge and experience in computerized programs, i.e. Microsoft Office
- Clerical background and typing skills with a minimum of 50 words per minute
- Knowledge of and appreciation for Ojibway culture and aspirations are essential.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to speak Ojibway will be considered a definite asset.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Must be willing to complete criminal record and child abuse registry checks
- All applicants must be willing to submit a Criminal Record check that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search, Child
Abuse Registry check, Prior Contact check and Driver’s Abstract prior to employment. Travel is required. A
valid driver's license and access to means of reliable transportation for work is a condition of employment.
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER BY FAX
ATTN: Suzanne Gebken
Fax: (204) 985-4079