Position: In Home Family Support(s)
Agency: Sagkeeng Child & Family Services
Position Type: Casual
Location: Winnipeg/ Sagkeeng Community Office
Salary Range: In accordance with the Provincial Salary Scale
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Agency Benefits: Complete and comprehensive benefits plan
Sagkeeng Child and Family Services is a First Nations CFS Agency who strives to recruit inspired, accountable, and driven individuals to join our diverse talented team of professionals. If you are an individual that is looking to commit and be a part of our progressive environment, we want you to be a part of our team!
- Under the direction of the Direct Service staff/supervisors, In Home Family Supports shall work under the principle and philosophies of maintaining the family unit. The Agency through In Home Family Supports will provide assistance, mentorship and guidance to families of the community.
- Develops a one to one relationship with families
- Shows an understanding of others and their needs by demonstrating compassion and adjusting his/her style to fit the situation and people
- Assists head of household in mentoring and disciplining children, assigns and schedules housekeeping chores to children according to their capabilities and encourages parents to take interest in children's schoolwork and assist them in establishing good study habits
- Advises family in private home in dealing with problems, such as nutrition, cleanliness, and household utilities: Advises and assists family members in planning nutritious meals, purchasing and preparing foods, and utilizing commodities from surplus food programs
- Take children to the doctor for medical appointments
- Responsible for transporting children to and from activities
- Provide positive role modelling for children
- Time Management skills for parents and children (i.e. School, bedtime etc.)
- Household chores (list/ chart of responsibilities/incentives)
- Ability to work with children of all ages (0-17yrs).
Demonstrated ability to deal with high risk behaviors and infant care needs.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and full insured vehicle with $1,000,000.00 coverage.
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and a prior contact check as a condition of employment. Sagkeeng Community members and Indigenous candidates will be given preference and are encouraged to self-identify as being of Indigenous descent.
SUBMIT BY EMAIL OR FAX
Fax: (204) 949 1669; (204) 367 8510