Agency: Sagkeeng Child & Family Services
Position Type: Permanent / Evenings / Part-Time
Location: Sagkeeng Fist Nation
Salary Range: $15 - $20 hour
Application Deadline: Sunday, November 11, 2018
Sagkeeng Child and Family Services is a First Nations CFS Agency who strives to recruit inspired, accountable and driven individuals to join our diverse talented team of professionals. If you are an individual that is looking to be a part of our progressive environment, we want you to be a part of our team!
- The successful janitor will conduct various cleaning duties, which include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning of assigned buildings (offices, kitchen, washrooms and common areas).
- Empting of all waste baskets and transporting trash to disposal area.
- Sweeping, scrubbing, washing, polishing and vacuuming hallways, rooms and rugs as required.
- Cleaning of snow and mud (sidewalks, doorways, ramps and stairways etc.).
- Picking up of supplies may be required.
- Attention to the following: Dust all workspaces, furniture, partitions and walls. Clean and disinfect countertops, sinks, bathrooms and other designated areas. Replace consumable items (soap, toilet paper, paper towel etc.).
- Previous cleaning experience is a definite asset. 1 year preferred.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to prioritize job duties.
- An individual, who is a team player, dependable and able to work with little supervision.
- Proven ability to work with confidentiality and in a professional manner.
- Proven ability to operate cleaning equipment and chemicals. Certified in Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. unassisted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and a prior contact check as a condition of employment. Sagkeeng Community members and Indigenous candidates will be given preference and are encouraged to self-identify as being of Indigenous descent.
SUBMIT BY EMAIL OR FAX
Fax: (204) 949 1669; (204) 367 8510