Position: CFS Worker Reunification Unit
Agency: Anishinaabe Child & Family Services
Conditions: Full-Time Permanent
Location: Winnipeg Outreach Office
Closing Date: November 7, 2018 @ 12:00 pm
The Anishinaabe Child & Family Service Agency (ACFS) delivers mandated services and programs in a manner which will maintain and strengthen the individual, the family and the First Nations community with the context of aboriginal values and customs. The goal of our work is to protect our children, promote family wellness, and strengthen our community.
Anishinaabe Child & Family Services is seeking one (1) full-time permanent Child & Family Services Worker to work in the Reunification unit at the Outreach Office on 56-1313 Border Street in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Under the direction and supervision of the unit Supervisor, the Child & Family Services Worker (CFSW) manages a case load of children in care and/or Family Service files including protection and voluntary service cases under Anishinaabe Child & Family Services. The worker is responsible for case planning, monitoring, referrals and ongoing assessment and evaluation. The CFSW offers assistance to children and families through basic counselling, advocacy and support as required. Works to empower families to adequately provide for the physical and emotional well-being of their family members.
- Management of case load as assigned by Supervisor.
- On-going assessment and evaluation of families serviced.
- Court preparation.
- Function as an effective team member.
- Advocates for children and families.
- Referrals to other resources as needed.
- Network with external/internal collaterals.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree or a minimum of 3 years work experience related to Child Welfare.
- Excellent assessment skills, behaviour management skills and sound knowledge of separation and attached issues.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, computer and evaluation skills.
- Good working knowledge of Provincial Legislation and Standards, Child & Family Services Act and CFSIS/IM (Child & Family Services Information System/Intake Module.
- Maybe required to work after hours.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work as a team member self-motivated and organized.
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nations traditional values and beliefs.
- Ability to speak an Aboriginal language an asset.
- Knowledge of resources and collateral services available in the city of Winnipeg.
- Must have own vehicle and driver’s license.
- Must provide a clear Child Abuse Registry and Criminal Records Check.