Position: Community Unit Admin
Agency: Southeast Child & Family Services
Competition No.: 2018-0239
Classification: AY3 – Qualified candidates salary range: $39,335.31 - $44,962.47
Conditions: Full-time, Term Contract to December 31, 2018 with possible extension
Department: Bloodvein First Nation Community
Location: Bloodvein Community CFS Office
Closing Date: Open until filled
Southeast Child & Family Services (SECFS) provides a full range of services under the CFS Act, CFS Authorities Act and the Adoptions Act, with the primary responsibility to
provide culturally appropriate services to both on and off reserve families and children who have a legal and cultural-affiliation with the First Nation communities served by SECFS.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The incumbent is responsible for providing administrative and clerical services. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that unit’s operations are maintained.
- Carries out prescribed procedures for opening the office in the morning and closing it at day’s end;
- Greeting the public; receives / screens visitors; assists visitors courteously and promptly; directs visitors as appropriate;
- Answering telephone calls;
- Processing daily mail; sort, process, and route incoming mail; maintain a log of all incoming and outgoing mail;
- Perform clerical duties;
- Schedule and confirm appointments ;
- Maintain and update filing; label, copy and retrieve documents;
- Word processing of reports, forms, correspondence, file recordings, minutes, etc.;
- Inputs children in care data and maintains unit caseload documentation system;
- Provides orientation for new social workers regarding administrative procedures;
- Inputs CIC information into CFSIS system;
- Input, update and ensure the accuracy of data is recorded and in compliance with CFS regulations, Southern Authority and/or legislation;
- Edits social work documentation; participates in process of updating social work forms;
- Operates fax, photocopier, computer, shredder, etc.;
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies;
- Assist with typing, filing, photocopying;
- Maintains the unit’s attendance record;
- Other duties as assigned by Unit Supervisor
- Bachelor of Social Work or a post-secondary degree in the Social Sciences preferred; Other acceptable combinations of related education and work experience may be considered;
- Minimum of two (2) years of Child Welfare experience in front line case management dealing with children and families;
- Experience conducting investigations including gathering and analyzing information to implement appropriate action;
- Knowledge of The Child and Family Services Act, The Authorities Act and The Adoption Act;
- Thorough knowledge of the governing and delivery of child protection programming in Manitoba;
- Demonstrated awareness of aboriginal child welfare practices; and a working knowledge of First Nations history, colonization;
- Demonstrated skills in the following areas: crisis intervention; child protection investigations; the ability to assess high risk situations to determine appropriate response times as per standards.
- Knowledge of substance abuse, family violence, child abuse/neglect and community resources;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a team environment and independently;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work effectively to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to deal with grief and loss issues;
- Ability to de-escalate conflict and provide resolution;
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Strong written communication skills and ability to pay attention to detail when preparing documents and comprehensive reports;
- Proficient with computer programs such as Microsoft Word; CFSIS experience would be an asset.
Conditions of Employment
- Driver’s license would be an asset;
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check, Prior Contact Check, Child Abuse, Adult Abuse Registry checks are a requirement of all SECFS positions.
- Must be a high school graduate and/or training and a minimum of one year of administration work.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook Express.
- Have working knowledge of the CFSIS system would be a strong asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT BY EMAIL OR FAX
Forward your resume (with 3 references) and cover letter stating clearly how you meet the qualifications stated in this job posting. Please cite the competition number and position in the subject line when submitting by email or fax.
Fax: (204) 947-0009
Or drop off resume to Garnet Sinclair at the Bloodvein CFS Office.