Position: Court Administrative Support Clerk
Agency: West Region CFS
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Winnipeg Sub Office
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and training and according to Provincial pay scale.
Application Deadline: August 16, 2018
WRCFS is a mandated First Nations Child and Family Services Agency responsible to provide a full range of services, including statutory services, voluntary services and prevention services to the children and families of its nine First Nations, residing on and off reserve. The purpose of the programs of WRCFS is to sustain, support, and enhance family and community life. The agency’s mission is to work with our First Nations people to protect Aboriginal children, in keeping with our core values.
- Reporting to the Administration Manager, the individual will be responsible for providing general administrative
support and court clerk duties. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following; preparing court documents, maintaining files, database entry, collection of statistics, typing,
photocopying, and reception relief.
- Minimum Grade 12, with training/experience in office administration
- Must have computer training and/or knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and to deal effectively with
- Must have accurate typing speed of a minimum of 40 wpm
- Knowledge of and appreciation for Ojibway culture and aspirations are essential
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team and be a team player in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work independently
Conditions of Employment
- The successful applicant must provide WRCFS with a current Criminal Record Check that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry check, Prior Contact check and Driver’s Abstract prior to commencement of employment
- Travel is required
- A valid driver’s license and access to means of reliable transportation for work is a condition of employment
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER BY FAX
ATTN: Verna McIvor
Fax: (204) 985-4079