Position: Intake Worker
Agency: Sagkeeng Child & Family Services
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Main Office - Sagkeeng Community Office
Salary Range: In accordance with the Provincial Salary Scale
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Agency Benefits: Complete and comprehensive benefits plan after 6 months of employment
Sagkeeng Child and Family Services is a First Nations CFS Agency who strives to recruit inspired, accountable, and driven individuals to join our diverse talented team of professionals. If you are an individual that is looking to commit and be a part of our progressive environment, we want you to be a part of our team!
- Deliver child and family services in accordance with Provincial and community standards.
- Manage a caseload ensuring all cases are managed in accordance with the CFS Act; attend to the specific needs of each case as required.
- Assess all incoming child welfare Intakes within the Community.
- Provide the community culturally appropriate resources and referrals. In consultation with Supervisor(s), responds immediately to allegations of abuse/severe neglect, where child(ren) are at risk.
- BSW degree preferred; or Post-secondary Degree in the Social Sciences is acceptable. Other combinations of education and related experience may be considered.
- Preferred minimum of one (1) year intake/ direct working experience in child welfare.
- Must have working knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and Regulation.
- Preferred experience in case management and planning, particularly in child welfare.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills; problem solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Valid class five driver’s license and a reliable insured vehicle.
- The ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered an asset.
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and a prior contact check as a condition of employment. Sagkeeng Community members and Indigenous candidates will be given preference and are encouraged to self-identify as being of Indigenous descent.
SUBMIT BY EMAIL OR FAX
Fax: (204) 949 1669; (204) 367 8510