Position: Alternative Care Worker (x2)
Agency: Sagkeeng Child & Family Services
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Sagkeeng Community Office
Salary Range: In accordance with the Provincial Salary Scale
Application Deadline: Sunday, May 6, 2018
Agency Benefits: Complete and comprehensive benefits plan
Sagkeeng Child and Family Services is a First Nations CFS Agency who strives to recruit inspired, accountable, and driven individuals to join our diverse talented team of professionals. If you are an individual that is looking to commit and be a part of our progressive environment, we want you to be a part of our team!
- Respond to inquiries and concerns regarding foster care.
- Complete foster home licenses in accordance with Provincial regulations.
- Prepare foster files for review by Alternative Care Manager and Executive Director.
- Conduct annual reviews on existing foster homes within the Agency.
- Ensure all necessary abuse, criminal and prior contact checks are completed for each applicant.
- Monitor foster homes with licensing standards in regards to face-to-face contact.
- Develop foster parent recruitment strategies.
- Liaison with central coordination unit for foster homes.
- Manage foster care files as assigned by the Alternative Care Manager.
- Develop, organize and participate in Agency activities relating to Foster Parent functions.
- Open and close foster files.
- Ensure placement for children in care are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Ensure foster homes are entered on CFSIS.
- BSW Degree is preferred or other Post-Secondary Degree in a related field from an accredited University. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working directly in the child welfare profession. Foster Care experience is preferred.
- A comprehensive understanding of the Child and Family Services Act, relevant Standards and Regulations.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Experience and familiarity with Microsoft software (Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel Access, and PowerPoint).
- Proven ability to navigate and perform job duties as required on the CFSIS database.
- Valid full class 5 driver’s license and a reliable fully insured vehicle.
- The ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered an asset.
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and a prior contact check as a condition of employment. Sagkeeng Community members and Indigenous candidates will be given preference and are encouraged to self-identify as being of Indigenous descent.
SUBMIT BY EMAIL OR FAX
Fax: (204) 949 1669; (204) 367 8510