Agency: Sagkeeng Child & Family Services
Position Type: 1 year term
Location: Sagkeeng Community Office
Salary Range: In accordance with the Provincial Salary Scale
Application Deadline: Sunday, April 15, 2018
Agency Benefits: Complete and comprehensive benefits plan
Sagkeeng Child and Family Services is a First Nations CFS Agency who strives to recruit inspired, accountable, and driven individuals to join our diverse talented team of professionals. If you are an individual that is looking to commit and be a part of our progressive environment, we want you to be a part of our team!
- Respond to inquiries and concerns regarding foster care.
- Greet and receive public. Offer assistance and direct people to the proper department and/ or staff member.
- Ensures the lobby, receptionist area and photocopier area is organized and clean.
- Answers telephone in a courteous manner; ensure calls are directed to the proper staff
- Maintain on-call kit for workers.
- Assist in the pick up and take out of daily mail when needed.
- Responsible for receiving/sending all faxes, and documenting accordingly.
- Ordering of office supplies and coffee supplies
- Daily assigned receptionist duties/other duties as assigned
- Responsible for ensuring all offices on-site are locked and alarm set upon leaving at end of day.
- Minimum grade twelve diploma;
- Proven minimum 1 (one) year secretarial/administrative experience.
- Proven use of Oath of confidentiality in the workplace.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and organizational skills;
- Ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered a definite asset.
- Valid class five driver’s license and a reliable vehicle a definite must.
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and a prior contact check as a condition of employment. Sagkeeng Community members and Indigenous candidates will be given preference and are encouraged to self-identify as being of Indigenous descent.
SUBMIT BY EMAIL OR FAX
Fax: (204) 949 1669; (204) 367 8510