Position: Child Protection Supervisor
Agency: Intertribal Child & Family Services
Conditions: Full Time
Location: Fisher River - Main Office
Closing Date: March 16, 2018 @ 12:00pm
Intertribal Child & Family Services is seeking one full-time permanent Child Protection Supervisor to work out of the Fisher River Main Office.
- Ensure the FSW (Family Service Worker), has a case plan including goals of service, time frames and review date is documented and on file for all new and existing cases.
- Provide guidance and direction on all cases, complete case management forms and place in case management binder.
- Ensure special rate assessments and requests from FSWs are completed appropriately and submitted on a timely basis to the Special Rate Committee.
- Assist FSWs with resolving program and/or family conflict. Ensure the FSW has developed a suitable plan with the family that has addressed the conflicts/issues.
- Attend case conference meetings and court proceedings with FSWs and other agency staff as required and/or requested.
- Ensure FSWs adhere to Provincial standard of monthly CIC face to face contacts and required forms are completed and entered on CFSIS in a timely basis.
- Ensure quarterly reviews (90) day reviews are completed and placed on files.
- Maintain and update monthly case lists, CFSIS and hard copies as required.
- Oversee the day to day operation of the protection unit including the supervision and discipline of all FSWs that may be assigned within the team.
- Review and recommend approval for family support plans, voluntary placement agreements, homemakers and daycare arrangements within two weeks of receiving documentation.
- Review, approve and/or deny request for leave, travel claims, time sheets for FSWs
- Ensure all services provided are in compliance with Provincial standards, regulations and the Child and Family Services Act of Manitoba for Fisher River and Kinonjeoshtegon
- Travelling may be required to complete job duties
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor of Social Work degree preferred. Consideration may be given to other post-secondary education plus 3 years’ experience in supervisory capacity
- Must have working knowledge of the Child & Family Services Act, the Authorities Act, the Adoption Act, and related Regulations and Standards
- Must know current changes to the Child and Family Services system
- Must have excellent management, verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Must be proficient in CFSIS (Child & Family Services Information System)
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle as travel is required and must continue to possess as condition of employment
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Complete application consists of a cover letter, resume, three (3) references from the most current supervisors, current criminal record check, Child Abuse Registry check, and Prior contact check.