Position: Community Unit Admin
Agency: Southeast Child & Family Services
Competition No.: 2017-0172
Classification: AY3 – Qualified candidates salary range: $39,335.31 - $44,962.47
Conditions: Full-time, Non-Unionized, Permanent
Department: Bloodvein Community
Location: Bloodvein First Nation community
Closing Date: 4:00 pm, Sunday, December 31, 2017
Forward your resume (with 3 references) and cover letter stating clearly how you meet the qualifications stated in this job posting. Please cite the competition number and position in the subject line when submitting by email or fax. Preference will first be awarded to: qualified Southeast community members meeting the position requirements.
Southeast Child & Family Services (SECFS) provides a full range of services under the CFS Act, CFS Authorities Act and the Adoptions Act, with the primary responsibility to
provide culturally appropriate services to both on and off reserve families and children who have a legal and cultural-affiliation with the First Nation communities served by SECFS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries out prescribed procedures for opening the office in the morning and closing it at day’s end;
- Greeting the public; receives / screens visitors; assists visitors courteously and promptly; directs visitors as appropriate;
- Answering telephone calls;
- Processing daily mail; sort, process, and route incoming mail; maintain a log of all incoming and outgoing mail;
- Perform clerical duties;
- Schedule and confirm appointments ;
- Maintain and update filing; label, copy and retrieve documents;
- Word processing of reports, forms, correspondence, file recordings, minutes, etc.;
- Inputs children in care data and maintains unit caseload documentation system;
- Provides orientation for new social workers regarding administrative procedures;
- Inputs CIC information into CFSIS system;
- Input, update and ensure the accuracy of data is recorded and in compliance with CFS regulations, Southern Authority and/or legislation;
- Edits social work documentation; participates in process of updating social work forms;
- Operates fax, photocopier, computer, shredder, etc.;
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies;
- Assist with typing, filing, photocopying;
- Maintains the unit’s attendance record;
- Other duties as assigned by Unit Supervisor.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a high school graduate and/or training and a minimum of one year of administration work.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook Express.
- Have working knowledge of the CFSIS system would be a strong asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Conditions of Employment
- Driver’s license would be an asset;
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check, Child Abuse, Adult Abuse Registry checks is a requirement of all SECFS employment positions.
How To Apply
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT BY EMAIL OR FAX
Forward your resume (with 3 references) and cover letter stating clearly how you meet the qualifications stated in this job posting. Please cite the competition number and position in the subject line when submitting by email or fax.
Fax: (204) 947-0009