Position: Prevention Services Worker
Agency: Sagkeeng Child & Family Services
Position Type: Permanent Fulltime
Immediate Supervisor: Prevention Services Supervisor
Location: Sagkeeng Community Office
Salary Range: In accordance with the Provincial Salary Scale
Application Deadline: November 24, 2017
Agency Benefits: We offer a complete and comprehensive benefits plan which takes effect 6 months after employment
Under a new Management Team, Sagkeeng Child and Family Services is a First Nations CFS Agency who strives to recruit inspired, accountable, and driven individuals to join our diverse talented team of professionals. If you are an individual that is looking to commit and be a part of our progressive environment, we want you to be a part of our team!
General Duties (not limited to)
- Deliver Prevention Services in accordance with Provincial and community standards;
- Manage a file caseload ensuring all cases are managed in accordance with the Provincial and agency standards;
- Provide recommendations, plans and actions as required for the ongoing care and development of the families under their direct responsibility;
- Must have knowledge of conducting/completing assessments and be computer literate;
- Experience in Program Development and delivery;
- Input key information on to the CFSIS database.
- BSW degree or other Post-secondary degree or Diploma in related field from an accredited University/College;
- Minimum 1 year experience in a related field. Combination of education and experience may be considered;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and organizational skills;
- Strong analytical, referral, assessment, problem solving and treatment planning skills;
- Proven CFSIS experience;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team;
- Knowledge of the culture, community, and community resources receiving service from the agency;
- The ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered an asset.
Conditions of Employment
- Valid class five driver’s license, a reliable vehicle; and auto-loss of use
- Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and a prior contact check as a condition of employment.
- Sagkeeng Community members and Indigenous candidates will be given preference and are encouraged to self-identify as being of Indigenous descent.