Position: Direct Services Supervisor
Agency: Sagkeeng Child & Family Services
Position Type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Winnipeg Office
Salary Range: In accordance with the Provincial Salary Scale
Application Deadline: November 5, 2017
Agency Benefits: We offer a complete and comprehensive benefits plan which takes effect 6 months after employment
Under a new Management Team, Sagkeeng Child and Family Services is a First Nations CFS Agency who strives to recruit inspired, accountable, and driven individuals to join our diverse talented team of professionals. If you are an individual that is looking to commit and be a part of our progressive environment, we want you to be a part of our team!
General Duties (not limited to)
- Oversees the day to day operation of the unit including the supervision and discipline of all Direct Service Workers (DSW) that may be assigned within the team.
- Ensures that an initial plan including goals of service, time frames and review date is documented and on file. This must be completed within thirty (30) days of case assignment.
- Provide regular coaching, supervision and direction on all cases, complete case management forms and place in Case Management binder.
- Must have extensive experience with all Special Needs Assessments
- Must have extensive experience with all IRAP Requests
- Must be able to be able to appropriately review and screen any submitted rate requests to the agency Special Rate Committee.
- Must have extensive experience with the Extension of Care (EoC) Process
- Must have extensive experience with Transitional/ Age of Majority Planning
- Must ensure DSW staff adhere to Provincial standards of monthly CIC face to face contacts and required forms are completed and entered on CFSIS in a timely basis.
- Ensure quarterly reviews (90) day reviews are completed and placed on files.
- Maintain and update monthly Supervision on CFSIS and hard copies attached files as required.
- Review Case Management binder monthly to ensure that actions, plans, visits and file recordings are completed.
- Ensures all services provided are in compliance with Provincial standards, regulations and the Child and Family Services Act of Manitoba and reflect the values, traditions and customs of the community
- All Supervisors must perform On-Call duties consisting of a 7 day rotation.
- BSW degree preferred; or Post-secondary degree in Social Sciences acceptable. Other acceptable combinations of education and related experience may be considered.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience working directly in the child welfare profession.
- Minimum of three (3) years direct Supervisory experience within Child Welfare.
- Proven ability in implementation of service programs and delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, assessment, problem solving and treatment planning skills.
- Ability to navigate and knowledge of the Provincial CFS Data Base system.
- The ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered a definite asset.
Conditions of Employment
- Valid class five driver’s license, a reliable vehicle; and auto-loss of use
- Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and a prior contact check as a condition of employment.
- Sagkeeng Community members and Indigenous candidates will be given preference and are encouraged to self-identify as being of Indigenous descent.