Position: Direct Service Worker Position
Agency: Sagkeeng Child & Family Services
Position Type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Main Office - Sagkeeng First Nation
Salary Range: In accordance with the Provincial Salary Scale
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Agency Benefits: We offer a complete and comprehensive benefits plan which takes effect 6 months after employment
Under a new Management Team, Sagkeeng Child and Family Services is a First Nations CFS Agency who strives to recruit inspired, accountable, and driven individuals to join our diverse talented team of professionals. If you are an individual that is looking to commit and be a part of our progressive environment, we want you to be a part of our team!
General Duties (not limited to)
- Deliver child and family services in accordance with Provincial and community standards;
- Manage a file caseload ensuring all cases are managed in accordance with the Child and Family Serivces Act, as well as attend to the specific needs of each case as required;
- Provide recommendations, plans and actions as required for the ongoing care and development of the children under their direct responsibility
- BSW degree preferred; or Post-secondary Degree in the Social Sciences is acceptable. Other combinations of education and related experience may be considered.
- Preferred minimum of one (1) year direct working experience in the child welfare profession.
- Must have working knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and Regulations.
- Preferred experience in case management and planning, particularly with children and families in child welfare.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills; problem solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered an asset.
Conditions of Employment
- Valid class five driver's license and a reliable insured vehicle.
- Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and a prior contact check as a condition of employment.
- Sagkeeng Community members and Indigenous candidates will be given preference and are encouraged to self-identify as being of Indigenous descent.