Position: Protection Supervisor - Intertribal Child & Family Services
Position Type: Full Time
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Service
Location: Unit 19-399 Berry Street Winnipeg, MB
Salary Range: Negotiable based on qualification
Application Deadline: July 10, 2017 - 12:00 noon
Complete application consists of a cover letter, resume, three (3) references from the most current supervisors, current criminal record check, Child Abuse Registry check, and Prior contact check.
General Duties (not limited to)
- In conjunction with the case worker, ensure that an initial plan including goals of service, time frames and review date is documented and on file for all new and existing cases.
- Provide guidance and direction on all cases, complete case management forms and place in case management binder.
- Ensure special rate assessments and requests from workers are completed appropriately and submitted on a timely basis to the Special Rate Committee.
- Assist case worker(s) with resolving program and/or family conflict. Ensure the worker has developed a suitable plan with the family that has addressed the conflicts/issues.
- Attend case conference meetings and court proceedings with case worker(s) and other agency staff as required and/or requested.
- Ensure workers adhere to Provincial standard of monthly CIC face to face contacts and required forms are completed and entered on CFSIS in a timely basis.
- Ensure quarterly reviews (90) day reviews are completed and placed on files.
- Maintain and update monthly case lists, CFSIS and hard copies as required.
- Oversee the day to day operation of the unit including the supervision and discipline of all case workers that may be assigned within the team.
- Review and recommend approval for family support plans, voluntary placement agreements, homemakers and daycare arrangements within two weeks of receiving documentation.
- Review, approve and/or deny flex time, travel claims forms for case workers.
- Ensure all services provided are in compliance with Provincial standards, regulations and the Child and Family Services Act of Manitoba.
- Travelling may be required to complete job duties
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management
- Bachelor of Social Work degree
- Must have working knowledge of The Child & Family Services Act, The Authorities Act, The Adoption Act,
- Must know current changes to the Child and Family Services system
- Must have excellent management, verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Must be proficient in CFSIS (Child & Family Services Information System)
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle as travel is required and must continue to possess as condition of employment
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SUBMIT BY MAIL OR FAX | PLEASE REVIEW MANDATORY ATTACHMENTS BEFORE SUBMITTING
Mail: Human Resource Coordinator – Intertribal Child & Family Services, Fisher River, Box 358 Koostatak, MB R0C 1S0
Fax: 1 (204) 645-3065