Position: Protection Supervisor - Intertribal Child & Family Services
Position Type: Full Time
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Service
Location: Unit 19-399 Berry Street Winnipeg, MB
Salary Range: Negotiable based on qualification
Application Deadline: July 10, 2017 - 12:00 noon
Complete application consists of a cover letter, resume, three (3) references from the most current supervisors, current criminal record check, Child Abuse Registry check, and Prior contact check.
General Duties (not limited to)
- In conjunction with the case worker, ensure that an initial plan including goals of service, time frames and review date is documented and on file for all new and existing cases.
- Provide guidance and direction on all cases, complete case management forms and place in case management binder.
- Ensure special rate assessments and requests from workers are completed appropriately and submitted on a timely basis to the Special Rate Committee.
- Assist case worker(s) with resolving program and/or family conflict. Ensure the worker has developed a suitable plan with the family that has addressed the conflicts/issues.
- Attend case conference meetings and court proceedings with case worker(s) and other agency staff as required and/or requested.
- Ensure workers adhere to Provincial standard of monthly CIC face to face contacts and required forms are completed and entered on CFSIS in a timely basis.
- Ensure quarterly reviews (90) day reviews are completed and placed on files.
- Maintain and update monthly case lists, CFSIS and hard copies as required.
- Oversee the day to day operation of the unit including the supervision and discipline of all case workers that may be assigned within the team.
- Review and recommend approval for family support plans, voluntary placement agreements, homemakers and daycare arrangements within two weeks of receiving documentation.
- Review, approve and/or deny flex time, travel claims forms for case workers.
- Ensure all services provided are in compliance with Provincial standards, regulations and the Child and Family Services Act of Manitoba.
- Travelling may be required to complete job duties
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management
- Bachelor of Social Work degree
- Must have working knowledge of The Child & Family Services Act, The Authorities Act, The Adoption Act,
- Must know current changes to the Child and Family Services system
- Must have excellent management, verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Must be proficient in CFSIS (Child & Family Services Information System)
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle as travel is required and must continue to possess as condition of employment