CATEGORY: CFSA Training
Intake Module training is a 2-day session that provides supervisors, workers and administrative support staff with a comprehensive understanding of the Intake Module (IM). It is recommended that staff attend the 3 or 4 day CFSA Training for information on both applications, but this session is great as an introduction for intake workers, or as a refresher for anyone that uses the application.
Some of the topics in this workshop include:
- How Standards/Legislation apply to the Intake Module
- Creating Intakes – What is an Intake? How many intakes do I need?
- Gathering Referral Source Information
- Selecting Issues and Response Time; updating the issues management screen
- Who gets added to the Intake – selecting the case reference and adding roles.
- Creating and Updating Person Records
- Prior Contact Checks & Searching For People on CFSIS/IM
- Inputting the Authority Determination Protocol (ADP)
- Attaching SDM Assessments (Safety Assessment, Strengths & Needs)
- Case Notes and Attachments
- Completing the Probability of Future Harm
- How to use the Intake Module to document incidents of abuse and neglect
- Alleged Maltreatment Summary Screen
- Unintentional Serious Injury Screen
- Reassigning Worker/Supervisor
- Intake to Intake Transfer
- Creating CFSIS cases from the IM
- Supervisor Reviews and Closing Intakes
- How to Navigate in CFSIS and Intake
How to Register
Complete the form on this page.
Download the Registration Form (PDF) »
Complete and send by fax: (204) 783-7996, Attn: Education Unit
Due to the high demand for spaces for these trainings, please inform us of your cancellation as soon as possible (no later than 48 hours prior to your session), by either yourself or your supervisor so that your reserved space can be used by someone else.
Please ensure you alter your schedule accordingly so that you are able to attend the entire training. Depending on the training workshop, we do have long standby lists and we want to ensure all spots are utilized.
A certificate of completion will be mailed or given to the participant when the training session is completed. Electronic copies will be emailed to the Supervisor who signed off the registration form and/ or Agency Training Coordinator. If a participant does not complete a session as the result of being absent or significantly late, a certificate will not be provided.