CATEGORY: JTT Training
“Street Gangs and Drugs” is a one-day session presented by the Winnipeg Police Training Academy.
Some of the topics in this workshop include:
- Street gang history
- Which gangs currently exist in Winnipeg, and around Manitoba?
- The Gang culture
- Gangs and the drug trade
- Identifying gang colours, clothing, and other signs
- What can be done to prevent children from joining gangs?
- How can we help pull our kids out of an existing gang?
- How do I know if my child is in aGang & what can I do?
- What street drugs can we expect to find in our Province?
- How are they made?
- Where are these drugs coming from?
- How are drugs marketed on the street?
- What is the street value of the individual drug?
- How is the drug used?
- The signs / symptoms associated to each street drug
- What are the short term and long term effects of drug use?
- What warning signs indicating drug use should we look for?
- What options exist for obtaining help for a recognized drug user?
How to Register
Complete the form on this page.
Download the Registration Form (PDF) »
Complete and send by fax: (204) 783-7996, Attn: Education Unit
Due to the high demand for spaces for these trainings, please inform us of your cancellation as soon as possible (no later than 48 hours prior to your session), by either yourself or your supervisor so that your reserved space can be used by someone else.
Please ensure you alter your schedule accordingly so that you are able to attend the entire training. Depending on the training workshop, we do have long standby lists and we want to ensure all spots are utilized.
A certificate of completion will be mailed or given to the participant when the training session is completed. Electronic copies will be emailed to the Supervisor who signed off the registration form and/ or Agency Training Coordinator. If a participant does not complete a session as the result of being absent or significantly late, a certificate will not be provided.