CATEGORY: Case Management
This course provides a one day orientation to Manitoba’s Child Welfare System and its legislation, standards, programs, resources and people.
Some of the topics in this workshop include:
- The CFS Act and its Regulations
- The Adoption Act and its Regulations
- The CFS Authorities Act and its Regulations
- The Respective Roles of Governments, Boards of Directors, CFS Authorities, CFS Agencies and Voluntary Agencies
- Key Provisions of The Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) and “Conducting a Child Protection Investigation”
- Manitoba CFS Agency Standards
- Community / Voluntary Resources that Support / Strengthen Families
- Customary Care, Kinship Care, Foster Care, EPS and other Placement Resources
- Child Protection Procedures
- Court Procedures
- Office of the Children’s Advocate
- Miscellaneous: Interprovincial Procedures, International Adoptions, Child Deaths, Inquests
How to Register
Complete the form on this page.
Download the Registration Form (PDF) »
Complete and send by fax: (204) 783-7996, Attn: Education Unit
Due to the high demand for spaces for these trainings, please inform us of your cancellation as soon as possible (no later than 48 hours prior to your session), by either yourself or your supervisor so that your reserved space can be used by someone else.
Please ensure you alter your schedule accordingly so that you are able to attend the entire training. Depending on the training workshop, we do have long standby lists and we want to ensure all spots are utilized.
A certificate of completion will be mailed or given to the participant when the training session is completed. Electronic copies will be emailed to the Supervisor who signed off the registration form and/ or Agency Training Coordinator. If a participant does not complete a session as the result of being absent or significantly late, a certificate will not be provided.