CATEGORY: Case Management Training
This 4 day training covers all aspects of the Child & Family Services Applications (CFSA) systems and how it relates to case management and meeting standards. Participants will complete an intake in the Intake Module (IM) from start to finish, create cases, and then follow it up with the necessary screens in CFSIS.
The focus of the training is to demonstrate how to case manage on the Child and Family Services Applications (CFSA) in order to meet the required standards.
Some of the topics in this workshop include:
- Using CFSA for case management: relevant standards and CFSA documentation
- Doing effective prior contact checks, creating person records, updating the person database,
- How to Navigate in CFSIS and Intake
- Reading CFSA for information
- Using CFSIS for ongoing case management and meeting standards
- Filling out screens (e.g.: FAR, Well-Being Screens Face to Face Visits, Legal Status, etc.).
- How Standards/Legislation apply to CFSA
- Creating Intakes and CFSIS cases
- How to use the Intake Module to document incidents of abuse and neglect; Alleged Maltreatment Summary Screen
- Attaching SDM Assessments
- Issue Management Screen, inputting the Authority Determination Protocol (ADP)
- Case Recordings/Case Notes and Attachments
- Children in Care (CIC) photos and physical descriptions , Face to Face Visit Calendar, File Action Required (FAR), Well-being Screens, Unintentional Serious Injury Screen, High Risk Medical Screen
How to Register
Complete the form on this page.
Download the Registration Form (PDF) »
Complete and send by fax: (204) 783-7996, Attn: Education Unit
Due to the high demand for spaces for these trainings, please inform us of your cancellation as soon as possible (no later than 48 hours prior to your session), by either yourself or your supervisor so that your reserved space can be used by someone else.
Please ensure you alter your schedule accordingly so that you are able to attend the entire training. Depending on the training workshop, we do have long standby lists and we want to ensure all spots are utilized.
A certificate of completion will be mailed or given to the participant when the training session is completed. Electronic copies will be emailed to the Supervisor who signed off the registration form and/ or Agency Training Coordinator. If a participant does not complete a session as the result of being absent or significantly late, a certificate will not be provided