Position: Case Aide, Sagkeeng Child and Family Services Inc.
Position Type: Permanent Fulltime
Immediate Supervisor: Transportation and Support Services Coordinator
Location: Winnipeg Office
Salary Range: In accordance with the Provincial Salary Scale
Agency Benefits: We offer a complete and comprehensive benefits plan which takes effect 6 months after employment.
Application Deadline: Sunday, May 28, 2017
Under a new Management Team, Sagkeeng Child and Family Services is a First Nations CFS Agency who strives to recruit inspired, accountable, and driven individuals to join our diverse talented team of professionals.
General Duties (not limited to)
- Provide administrative support to staff when required
- Assist Direct Service Workers with emergency responses to children in care/ families as required
- Gathers necessary case related information from sources and documents on file
- Prepares written assessments from observing visits and forwards to Direct Service Worker for file documentation
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Minimum grade twelve diploma
- Preferred, two (2) years experience directly in the social services/child care profession
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Valid class five driver’s license, fully insured-reliable vehicle with $1,000,000 liability
- The ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered a definite asset
- Proven excellent verbal, written and organizational skills; problem solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills
- Valid class five driver’s license and a reliable insured vehicle
- The ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered an asset
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and a prior contact check as a condition of employment. Sagkeeng Community members and Indigenous candidates will be given preference and are encouraged to self-identify as being of Indigenous descent.
If you are an individual that is looking to commit and be a part of our progressive environment, we want you to be a part of our team!