Position: Unit Administrative Assistant
Agency: Southeast Child & Family Services
Competition No.: 2018-0217
Classification: AY3: $39,335.31 – $44,962.47
Conditions: Full-time, Unionized
Department: Abuse Unit
Location: 1410 Mountain Avenue
Closing Date: 4:00 p.m. on May 24, 2018
Preference will first be awarded to: Qualified Southeast community members, Aboriginal candidates (First Nations, Inuit or Metis) and qualified internal candidates meeting the position requirements. We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Forward your resume (with 3 references) and cover letter stating clearly how you meet the qualifications stated in this job posting.
Please cite the competition number and position in the subject line when submitting by email or fax.
Southeast Child & Family Services (SECFS) provides a full range of services under the CFS Act, CFS Authorities Act and the Adoptions Act, with the primary responsibility to provide culturally appropriate services to both on and off reserve families and children who have a legal and cultural-affiliation with the First Nation communities served by SECFS.
Reporting: The incumbant will take direction from the Director of the Abuse Unit.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Word processes and transcribes reports, letters, memos, CAC meeting agendas, and other documentation as required;
- Record, process and distribute child abuse committee minutes ensuring accuracy and sign-off of same;
- Maintain abuse filing system including opening and closing files;
- Manages all live and archived records pertaining to vulnerable persons, including victims of Domestic Abuse and Child Abuse.
- Maintain Excel database system including entering case list information, as well as for statistical usage;
- Prepare and distribute year end child abuse statistical information;
- Maintains the unit’s attendance record;
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check, Child Abuse, Adult Abuse Registry checks is a requirement of all SECFS employment positions.
- Must be a high school graduate, have post-secondary education and/or administrative assistant training preferred;
- Minimum of two (2) years in an administrative role within a Child and Family Services environment;
- Proficiency in a variety of computer applications (Word, Excel, CFSIS) in a network environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Demonstrated prior employment with high level of confidentiality or security clearance;
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.